Bill Medicare for Walker and Wheelchair Supplies in Simi Valley
If you require the use of a walker or wheelchair and related medical supplies in Simi Valley, your first thought may be: does Medicare cover those costs? The answer is yes. That’s good news, but even better news is: Homecare Pharmacy will bill Medicare for you. From hospital beds and wheelchairs to walkers and nebulizers, Homecare Pharmacy is one of the only ones in all of Simi Valley that will bill Medicare for these large medical supplies on your behalf.
Our family-owned pharmacy is here to help you: simply order your medical supplies from us, then we will submit the claim to Medicare so you don’t have to.
Medicare Part B covers part of the cost for medically-necessary walkers, wheelchairs and other types of in-home equipment. Please note that Medicare won’t cover power wheelchairs that are required only for use outside the home. Talk with your doctor first and have them write a prescription. Then, bring it to us and we will not only fill it but submit the claim as well.
There are some things you should keep in mind:
- Both the physician and the medical equipment supplier have to be enrolled in Medicare for the claim to be covered. We recommend double checking before you buy any medical equipment.
- Learn about the difference between providers that accept assignment with Medicare and those that do not. A durable medical equipment supplier which is enrolled in Medicare may not accept assignment, meaning the patient will pay more for the equipment in the end. As long as the supplier is enrolled in Medicare AND accepts assignment, the patient won’t have to shell out cash for more than the Part B deductible and 20% of the remainder of the cost.
- There are more than 30 types of power-generated wheelchairs that need to be authorized. If a power wheelchair is medically necessary and your doctor prescribes one, the supplier will submit the prior-authorization request and the necessary documentation to Medicare so they can review it.
- The Part B deductible will apply; in most cases, patients will have to pay 20% of the cost after the deductible, or have them covered by supplemental coverage if applicable.
- If you have a Medigap (Medicare supplemental insurance) plan, this will pay all or part of the 20% coinsurance for durable medical equipment.
- Coverage of your medical supplies equipment will vary by plan.
Contact Homecare Pharmacy
If you would like assistance with billing Medicare for your medical supplies in Simi Valley, contact us today at 805-527-9600. We are happy to assist our valued customers!
Compliance was evaluated by self reporting calendar, pill count, and blood drug concentrations clomid side effects men Recent transcriptomic profiling as well as other technologies have provided tremendous insight into the unique profiles of angiocrine factors, adhesion molecules, chemokines, transcription factors, and metabolic regulators of endothelial cells in different tissues